Following the period when representations were invited on the soundness of the submission version of the Local Plan (regulation 19), the Epping Forest District Council Local Plan was submitted to the Secretary of State for examination in public on 21 September 2018.
The submission has been publicised in accordance with regulation 22(3) of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) Regulation 2012.
The Secretary of State has appointed Ms. Louise Phillips MA MSc MRTPI from the Planning Inspectorate to carry out the independent Examination of the Local Plan.
Update 6 May 2022: Inspector Jonathan Bore MRTPI has been appointed to complete the Epping Forest Local Plan Examination with immediate effect. For work reasons Inspector Louise Phillips is no longer available.
His task is to consider whether our plan has been prepared in accordance with the relevant legal requirement and if the plan is sound, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (the Framework).
Our plan should be:
- positively prepared – it should be based on a strategy that looks at meeting objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements. This includes; where reasonable to do so; those unmet by our neighbours. It should also be consistent with achieving sustainable development
- justified – it should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence
- effective – it should be deliverable and based on effective joint working with neighbours and partners
- consistent with national policy – it should enable the delivery of sustainable development set out by national policy
Guide to Local Plan Examination
Please click the link to access the Planning Inspectorate’s short guide to Local Plan Examinations:
Louise St John Howe has been appointed as the Programme Officer. She is an independent Officer of the examination and works on the inspector’s behalf, organising and managing the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process.
The Programme Officer acts as the contact for any person who has an interest in the examination, liaising between the Inspector, Epping Forest District Council and Representors. Any matters that anyone wishes to raise with the Inspector should be submitted through the Programme Officer.
Any queries about the examination or any correspondence to the inspector should be sent to:
Louise St John Howe
PO Box 10965
Suffolk CO10 3BF
Telephone 07789 486419
For all enquiries relating to planning policy at Epping Forest District Council that are not connected with the Local Plan Examination please visit the Epping Forest District Council – planning policy website or contact:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01992 564517