The Local Plan (Submission Version 2017)
The Council has now produced a Submission Version of the Local Plan, taking into account the latest technical information and comments received through previous consultations. We sought representations from interested parties on the legal compliance and soundness of the Local Plan from noon on Monday 18 December 2017 until 5pm on Monday 29 January 2018.
The Submission Version of the Local Plan is available here, and all available relevant supporting information is available on the Technical Information page.
A number of amendments have been made to the Submission Version of the Plan following the Council meeting on 14 December 2017. These should be read in conjunction with the Plan and will be incorporated in the Submission Version following the publication period.
Hard copies of the Local Plan and key supporting documents will also available at the locations listed below during the Publication period. You can download individual sections of the Plan below as smaller file sizes if you are experiencing any difficulties downloading the entire document.
The Council has also prepared a Sustainability Appraisal (SA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) to accompany the Submission Version of the Local Plan. Representations can also be made on these documents during the Publication period.
How to make a representation
The representation period for the Local Plan is now closed. It ran from 12 noon on 18 December 2017 to 5pm on 29 January 2018.
All valid representations received will be provided to the Inspector and considered as part of the independent examination of the Local Plan.
You can view the Statement of Representations Procedure and Public Notice here.
All representations received will be considered through the independent examination.
- Policy P 1 Epping
- Policy P 2 Loughton
- Policy P 3 Waltham Abbey
- Policy P 4 Ongar
- Policy P 5 Buckhurst Hill
- Policy P 6 North Weald Bassett
- Policy P 7 Chigwell
- Policy P 8 Theydon Bois
- Policy P 9 Roydon
- Policy P 10 Nazeing
- Policy P 11 Thornwood
- Policy P 12 Coopersale, Fyfield, High Ongar, Lower Sheering, Moreton, Sewardstonebury, Sheering and Stapleford Abbotts
- Policy P 13 Rural sites in the east of the District
- Policy P 14 Rural sites in the west of the District
- Policy P 15 Rural sites in the south of the District
Appendix 6 – Site Requirements
- Appendix 6a Cover Contents
- Appendix 6b Epping
- Appendix 6c Loughton
- Appendix 6d Waltham Abbey and Ongar
- Appendix 6e Buckhurst Hill North Weald Chigwell Theydon Bois
- Appendix 6f Roydon, Nazeing, Thornwood, Coopersale, Fyfield and High Ongar
- Appendix 6g Lower Sheering, Moreton, Sheering, Stapleford Abbotts and Rural Sites
Other Local Plan publication documents
- Duty-to-Cooperate: Statement of Compliance – A summary of the involvement of key public bodies in the preparation of the Local Plan – from inception to submission
- Consultation Statement – how the Council has undertaken consultation in preparing the Local Plan
- Sustainability Appraisal (Non-Technical Summary)– an appraisal of the economic, environmental and social effects of the Local Plan
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (Non-Technical Summary) – an assessment to identify any aspects of the Local Plan that would have the potential to cause a likely significant effect on key biodiversity sites and to identify appropriate avoidance and mitigation strategies where such effects are identified
The Policies Map identifies the areas or zones in the District to which the various development plan policies apply.
The boundaries of some zones are shown on the map for reference but are not decided as part of the Local Plan process. For example Conservation Areas, which are regularly reviewed by the Council under a different process, and areas subject to flooding are regularly updated by the Environment Agency.
This version of the Policies Map was produced to accompany the Submission Version of the Local Plan. You can download the Policies Map from here.
The documents below are the key evidence base and other documents which support the Local Plan. A full list of all relevant studies and documentations is available under the Technical Information page.
- Site Selection Report 2017
- Settlement Capacity Study
- Housing Implementation Strategy
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment Establishing the OAN
- West Essex and East Hertfordshire Assessment of Employment Needs
- Employment Review
- Employment Supply Assessment Report
- Town Centres Review
- Viability Study
- Highway Assessment Report
- Green Belt Assessment
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (Part A)
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (Part B)
- Memorandum of Understanding Housing Distribution
- Memorandum of Understanding Highways and Transportation
- Memorandum of Understanding Epping Forest SAC
- Sustainability and Equalities Impact Appraisal
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
Availability of Documents
In addition to electronic versions of the documents available on the Council’s website, hard copies of the Submission Version of the Local Plan will also be available at the following locations during the Publication period:
- Buckhurst Hill Library
- Chigwell Library
- Chigwell Limes Centre Housing Office
- Chipping Ongar Library
- Epping Civic Offices
- Epping Hemnall Street Community Services Offices
- Epping Library
- Epping Sports Centre
- Loughton Broadway Housing Offices
- Loughton Library
- Loughton Leisure Centre
- North Weald Library
- Ongar Leisure Centre
- Waltham Abbey Library
- Waltham Abbey Swimming Pool