Draft Local Plan (2016)
The Draft Local Plan sets out the Council’s strategic planning policies and identifies the most suitable and sustainable sites for development and regeneration.
The Plan was published for a 6-week consultation between 31 October and 12 December 2016.
A detailed analysis of the comments was undertaken and a summary of the key issues identified was included as an appendix to the report considered by Cabinet on 11 July 2017.
Due to the size of the document we have also provided individual chapters and area maps, to ensure they are easier to download.
- Index of the Draft Local Plan
- How do I respond to the Draft Local Plan
- Foreword from Epping Forest District Council Leader and Planning Policy Portfolio Holder
Find out about the context and background to the Draft Local Plan and how we have reached this point in the process.
Find out about the Draft Local Plan’s vision and objectives, the key issues it needs to address and the strategic policies which set out:
- how much development is to be planned for
- where that development should be located together with major transport infrastructure
- Green Belt boundaries and policy
- Green networks
Find out more detail about the policies covering issues such as housing, employment, transport, historic and built environment, design and environmental policies.
Read here about the preferred approach in the Draft Local Plan for your town or village.
You can view high resolution versions of the relevant maps for your town or village below:
- Draft Policy P 1 Epping
- Draft Policy P 2 Loughton
- Draft Policy P 3 Waltham Abbey
- Draft Policy P 4 Chipping Ongar
- Draft Policy P 5 Buckhurst Hill
- Draft Policy P 6 North Weald Bassett
- Draft Policy P 7 Chigwell
- Draft Policy P 8 Theydon Bois
- Draft Policy P 9 Roydon
- Draft Policy P 10 Nazeing
- Draft Policy P 11 Thornwood
- Draft Policy P 12 Coopersale, Fyfield, High Ongar, Lower Sheering, Moreton, Sewardstonebury, Sheering and Stapleford Abbotts
Find out more about the infrastructure policies and approach for seeking contributions from developers as well as how the Local Plan will be delivered and monitored.
- Appendix 1 – Acronyms and Glossary
- Appendix 2 – List of Draft Local Plan policies replacing all policies of the Epping Forest District Local Plan (1998) and Alterations (2006)
- Appendix 3 – List of potential measures to monitor the effectiveness of policies in the Draft Local Plan
- Appendix 4 – List of evidence to support the Draft Local Plan
- Appendix 5 – Housing and traveller trajectories