Epping Forest District Council has been working to produce a new up-to-date Local Plan, which will set out the plans and policies that will guide development in Epping Forest District up until 2033. To fond out the proposed schedule of the Local Plan leading up to the formal adoption, refer to the Local Development Scheme.
Why it is important
The Local Plan is not simply about how many homes are needed so our families and friends can continue to live in the area they grew up in, it is also about ensuring that Epping Forest District remains an attractive place to live and visit.
- The Local Plan guides where the new homes are most sustainably and suitably located.
- It will support the success of our local businesses.
- It will set out our retail and leisure requirements.
- It will ensure the right facilities and infrastructure are delivered by developers.
- It will protect and enhance our natural environment.
This is all about keeping Epping Forest District as somewhere that we want to live, for us and for our children in the future.Cllr John PhilipPlanning Policy Portfolio Holder
Epping Forest District Council